CloudReady Private Sites support operating behind all kinds of proxies and proxy configurations. Depending on your proxy configuration there are a number of recommended ways of setting up sites to support proxies.
When you start with a Guided Installation to setup a CloudReady Private Site, the proxy configuration will be read from the Management Client. If you choose to deploy as Local System and your environment requires a proxy, you may have to explicitly set a fixed proxy for the site.
For CloudReady sites to work and for setting up sensors, 2-3 DNS names need to be allowed through the proxy:
- secure.exoprise.com for Management Client access
- service.exoprise.com for Private Site access
- pubsub.exoprise.com for Private Site alarm logging. This is optional.
Management Client Proxy Settings
By default when you install the Management Client to setup a site, the client will recognize that the desktop you are using is behind a proxy and will automatically utilize the same proxy that is configured for the desktop. Most network tools work this way.
Usually, the proxy settings are visible within Internet Explorer. To see or check your proxy configuration:
- Open up Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Options
- From the Internet Options go to the Connections Tab, click LAN Settings
- From here you can see whether you are using a proxy that is automatically configured within your environment or if a specific proxy is set.
To override the proxy that a Management Client is using:
- From the Management Client, click the green Tools icon in the upper left (or press Alt-F), then click ‘Preferences…’
- In the Settings dialog, click the Proxy tab
- From here you can change the proxy preferences for the Management Client. If you were explicitly prompted for proxy credentials you will see that a proxy server was chosen.
Proxy PAC or Proxy WPAD Configurations
If your environment uses Proxy PAC files or automatic WPAD configurations, the Management Client should natively support them upon startup. The Private Site (Windows Service) will need to be set to run as a non-Local System account (aka Service Account) for it to be able to leverage a Proxy PAC or WPAD Configuration.
Change the Proxy Setup for A Site
If you have a Private Site configured to use a fixed proxy, it can be changed from the Manage Local Site page using the Management Client on the machine that is running the service:
- Open the Management Client and Sign In.
- Go to Sites > Manage Local Site
- You should see a status page for the Private Site
- In the middle of the screen there is a ‘Change’ dropdown. Click the entry ‘Service Proxy Settings…’ to bring up the proxy settings dialog.
- Enter the new proxy information and click Update. The service should be stopped and restarted with the new proxy settings.