Error connecting to the mailbox. There is a configuration, password or autodiscover service availability problem. Additional details follow: The Autodiscover service couldn’t be located.
- The Office 365 Username is invalid. Please check your spelling.
- The Office 365 Password is invalid. Please check your spelling.
- The Autodiscover service could not be located due to firewall or proxy settings.
- The Autodiscover service may be incorrectly configured.
- Certificates within your Autodiscover server may bestale, or invalid, and the Autodiscover service is rejecting the requests.
Things to Try
- Re-enter your credentials, double check your Username and Password.
- Test against a different set of credentials, even your own (in case you’re setting up a dedicated account)
- Try an onmicrosoft.com account, don’t depend on an domain.autodiscover.com address
- Verify your organization’s public Autodiscover DNS entry is properly configured:
- Use the Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer tool to test the Office365 Autodiscover functionality
- Navigate to https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com
- Click on the Office365 tab
- Click on Outlook Autodiscover
- Click Next
- Follow the on screen prompts
- NOTE: This tool will test Autodiscover connectivity from a Microsoft server, not your local machine
- NOTE: If this test passes that confirms that Autodiscover is configured correctly on the external network (public). Local issues may still be blocking the Autodiscover traffic.
- NOTE: If this test fails then something is configured incorrectly on your Autodiscover or domain. Exoprise will not be able to connect if Autodiscover is not configured correctly.
- Confirm the CNAME record as described in this KB article from Microsoft
- Try installing the Hosted Exchange Sensor as it allows you to specify the Autodiscover details