Public and private key pairs can be manually added for distribution with Private Sites or Service Watch Desktop installations.
Centralizing and deploying your own key pairs can enhance the security of your installation and enable the movement of synthetic sensors if licensed to do so.
More information about public private key pairs
Generating and Uploading Your Own Public Key Pair
To generate your own key pair and upload the public portion of the key, follow these steps from the following page:
Managing public keys requires the administrative role, or better. OpenSSL is a prerequisite.
Steps to Generate and Upload Public Key
- From the command line, execute
openssl genrsa -des3 -out private.pem 2048
- When prompted, choose a password and remember it
- Generate the public key file from the secured private key
openssl rsa -in private.pem -outform PEM -pubout -out public.pem
- You will need to supply the password you used to generate the private key
Now you can upload the public key for use with deployments. From the Public Key page:
- Click the choose button and select your public key file
- Edit the key name and choose a unique name to remember the key pair
Ready To Use
Now you can secure Service Watch or Private Site deployments with the new key pair. Remember, you must keep the private key in a secure location and record the password for the private key.