Organizations can have multiple users, and access control mechanisms are needed to authorize users’ interaction with these resources. Exoprise supports role and team-based access control via Organization Roles, Teams, and Team Roles.
Exoprise supports Role-Based Access and Control throughout the product. You can control user access and permissions at the Organization level or a more granular level through groups of resources that we call Teams.
A Team is a grouping of users and resources. Each member (user) has a Team Role, which determines the level of access they have to the resources in the Team. Teams are administered by admins, who can:
- Create, rename and delete teams
- Add users with a Team Role, change the Team Role of members, remove members
- Add/remove resources
Sites added to a team automatically include all their present and future sensors and sensors include all their present and future alarms.
Team Roles are a subset of Organization Roles that make sense for a team context:
- Viewer: Can only view sensors and alarms but can’t make adjustments
- Operator: Viewer rights + ability to create and edit alarms
- Deployer: Operator rights + ability to create and edit sites and sensors
Example Use Case of Teams and Team Roles
- You want to give a few users viewing and alarm access to particular sensors and nothing else
- You add them to the Organization with the Member role, which gives them access to nothing
- You create a team and add these users with the Operator role
- You add one (or more) sensors to the team
- Once the team exists you can add users to the org and a team in one step.