Private Sites are instances of the Exoprise Secure Service (aka agent) that you install on your own computers or Virtual Machines wherever you want to get the end-user perspective of cloud services and test the health of the network.
Private Sites can be deployed anywhere, within any network; LAN, WAN, WiFI, MPLS, SD-WAN. Measure end-user experience from anywhere, any condition.
We sometimes refer to the sensors that a Private Site runs as Private Sensors.
- Private Sites run sensors that emulate the end-user perspective for monitoring cloud apps and services.
- Private Sites are easy to setup and maintain. A site is self-updating after extensive testing periods. You can also accelerate the updating of a Private Site from the manage page.
- A Private Site can be downloaded that is pre-configured for your account so that you can give the installation to someone. This can be handy for installations at remote sites.
Where to Install Private Sites
- Ideally, since sites run sensors that give you the end-user perspective, you want to install Private Sites in similar network conditions that your end-users operate under.
- Private Sites can run alongside ANY WORKLOAD and can even be installed alongside an end-user’s desktops or laptops. Resource requirements are minimal so sensors can be run anywhere.
- Private Sites, ideally, should be deployed wherever you have varied network conditions.
- Private sites are very easy to deploy and maintain. After a private is initially deployed, it requires no maintenance. Private sites update themselves.
- Any Windows® OS; Windows 7 or newer and Windows Server 2008R2 or newer
- Private Sites and the sensors can run alongside almost any workload.
You can safely deploy on a users machine, a server, a BDC or PDC. Anything.
- RAM: Machines or VMs with as little as 1 GB of RAM can easily run 10 sensors.
- DISK: Between 30-100 MB depending on the number and types of sensors deployed.
There are three different ways to deploy a site. Click a link to learn more: