Public Sites are cloud-based locations for running sensors that are operated by Exoprise. Public sites run from public clouds like Amazon, Azure and others. Sensors deployed to Public Sites:
- Run outside your network
- Are useful for testing and benchmarking externally facing apps
- Having a comparative performance baseline against internally deployed sensors
Exoprise maintains more than 20 different public sites and is adding new ones all the time. We sometimes refer to the sensors that a Public Site runs as Public Sensors.
- Public Sites give you an outside > in, or cloud-to-cloud look at your network, apps, and services. Private Sites give an inside > outside look.
- Sensors run from Public Sites can be great for base-lining cloud performance outside your own internal network and comparing.
- Sensors that run publicly and privately are all managed from the same service and roll-up to the same dashboards.
- Deploying sensors to Public Sites is as easy and wizard driven as it is for Private Sites.
- Not all sensors can run on Public Sites and this is usually due to licensing constraints.
- Public Sites are a shared resource and periodically require load balancing.
We usually recommend that customers run some sensors outside their own network so they can have statistics to compare to. We currently host public sites on public cloud vendor networks like Amazon, Azure and Google’s cloud platform.
Currently we have public sites deployed in the following locations:
- NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
- CANADA (Montreal)