Tuning Up or Down
Undo the Tuning
When you click Tune Up/Down from the Alarm Edit page, it will give you an opportunity to undo the change. You can use this to see how a threshold might be adjusted; look at the Condition expression before you tune, examine the change, then reverse the change by undoing it.
- Go to Edit Sensors under Sensors on the left-hand menu.
- Using the filters in the top right, select the type of sensor you are looking to have the alarms regenerated for.
- Once filtered, in the Bulk Action dropdown menu in the top left, select “Regen Alarms…”
- Select the sensors you want to regen the alarms for by checking the checkbox on the left.
- Click “Apply” to the right of the “Regen Alarms…” dropdown.
- In the “Setup recommended alarms” dropdown, select how long you want the sensor to run prior to automatically generating the alarms for it. This will use the thresholds over the period of time to generate the alarms.
- In the “Alarm types to create” select your preference
- All – Performance and error alarms will be generated for this sensor.
- Errors – Only error alarms will be generated for this sensor.
- Performance – Only performance alarms will be generated for this sensor.
The existing alarms for the sensors will be removed and new alarms will be generated after waiting the specified period. Regenerating alarms can be a good idea when the network or operating environment has changed for a group of sensors.