CloudReady can be used to monitor cloud services from behind your firewall on your machines or out in the cloud on our machines. Below are simple steps for getting started with each type of monitoring.
Private Sites & Sensors
Private Sites are agents that you deploy to your machines wherever you want to monitor cloud services from. Whether its branch offices or main locations, deploy a private site then add sensors to it:
- Download the Management Client
- Install a Private Site (the Exoprise agent)
- Add your first sensor
- Optionally, customize your visualizations and wait for the automatic alarms to be setup
Public Sites & Sensors
Public Sites are agents that we run on Exoprise cloud-based virtual machines. You can deploy sensors to these public sites for monitoring cloud services from the cloud or getting an outside-in perspective of your own software and applications.
- From any browser, choose Add Sensor, then choose ‘Deploy to Public’ in the upper left
- Choose a sensor, fill in the required information for each step and in the deploy step, pick a public location where you want to deploy to
- Optionally, customize the dashboards and wait for the automatic alarms to be setup
How to Choose between Private and Public Sites and Sensors
- If you want to measure the experience and performance of cloud services from behind your firewall as users would experience it then you want to use Private Sites.
- If you want to test and monitor the end-to-end performance of your network, proxies, gateways or ISPs then you want to deploy Private sites and sensors.
- If you want to test the experience of an externally facing Web application or Single Sign-on infrastructure then you want to use Public Sites.
- If you want to compare your network performance against the performance of a public cloud with the same tenants, then you want to use Public Sites.